The French Bulldog is a smart and loving animal.
They are strongly connected to it's human family. The breed is a fun loving and free thinker that is easy to train with a positive training tactics.
If you're considering a French Bulldog as your next pet, here are 5 things you should know.
1. Because of a legacy of extreme and often times poor breeding practices the first Bulldog has more than it's share of health issues. More than many have problems with their short muzzle, which affects dogs breathing and ability to regulate body temperature.
For this reason you want to make sure your dog doesn't over heat in humid and hot weather.
2. The French Bulldog has a single short coat. This means the breed is not suited for cold weather. If you do live in a cold climate be sure to provide your French Bulldog with extra cover. This is fairly easy, as there is so many of specialized stores selling proper clothing for your dog and cheap as well.
3. French Bulldogs are great for apartments and small homes.
The breed does not require a lot of exercise. They are relatively low energy dogs, although you may find an exemption from time to time. Because they don't like to exercise too much, you need to regulate their weight by feeding them high quality and calorie appropriate diet.
4. French Bulldogs love children and children love their Frenchies.
The French Bulldog is a born entertainer and can occupy a child attention for a long strech of time. The breed is small but not so fragile, however, like with any breed, never leave a dog and a chill unsupervised. Harm can be inflicted by either party.
5. The French Bulldog has a certain degree of dwarfism. Therefore it's more susceptible to variety of diseases.It's very important to keep your Frenchie at it's optimal weight. Do not over-feed your French Bulldog.
There you go, that would be the 5 things that every French Bulldog new owner should know.
Also check our super cool French Bulldogs tee like the one below and many more, just click on the photo or HERE.